Click above link to print the Uniform Policy
Meisler Middle School
The Official Uniform of Meisler Middle School will consist of the following:
6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students MUST WEAR – Oxford Gray Polo Shirt with Meisler Embroidered Insignia.
- All students MUST wear properly fitted and hemmed navy blue, no pleat, plain flat front uniform slacks –
Dickie Style # 874 or Elderwear/Tom Sawyer Style # 1240.
*** Skirts are NOT permitted
- A Plain Navy Blue or Black Belt MUST be worn. The belt must be one (1) inch in width, with a standard two (2) inch buckle.
- Sweat pants may be worn for physical education only.
- Jefferson Parish School Board voted to allow students in grades 6-12 to wear knee-length shorts
from August 12 – October 2.
- Students MUST wear properly fitted, knee length navy blue, plain flat front uniform shorts . -Dickie #47562DN or Universal #U643 or Rifle #GS7610 or School Apparel Shorts.
- Tennis Shoes
- Tennis shoes with straps or buckles must also be fastened. Shoes must be properly laced and tied completely.
- Both males and females must wear socks.
- Navy Blue Sweatshirt with the Meisler Embroidered Insignia. No hoods or front pockets will be allowed.
- Meisler navy blue windbreakers/jackets with the Meisler Embroidered Insignia may also be worn.
*** NO other pullover, buttoned or zippered sweatshirts or jackets are allowed.
- In cases of cold weather students will be allowed to wear a plain long sleeve cotton t-shirt (Navy Blue, Black, Grey, or White) underneath their uniform shirt.
- In cases of cold weather a heavy coat may be worn on top of the uniform at lunch and during physical education if needed.
- Female students may wear blue, black, gray or white headbands.
- Head scarves and/or bandanas of any kind are PROHIBITED for all students.
- Students MUST have a clear or mesh backpack.
- Purses and Handbags may NOT be any larger than 12x 12 inches.
***Excessive jewelry is not allowed. Earrings larger than a quarter are prohibited due to safety concerns.
- The student ID card must be in an undamaged and unaltered condition and worn on the school issued clip on the student’s shirt collar at all times.
For additional dress code information visit the Jefferson Parish Procedure and Policy Handbook. No uniform policy can possible address all issues related to dress code violation. The administration will be the final judge of what constitutes approved attire and appearance.
Uniforms may be purchased from the following vendors:
Soul Train Fashions
3311 West Esplanade Ave.
Schiro’s School Time
4949 West Esplanade Avenue
3601 Hessmer Avenue
Please ensure that the uniform purchased adheres to the Official Uniform Policy of Meisler Middle School. If a vendor sells items contrary to the stated policy it will be at the cost of the consumer.